Megan. 21. Texas girl. Horse racing nut. Proud owner of way too much stuff. 90's kid for life. Potty potty Potterhead. Forever Hiddlestoned. Movie enthusiast, the older the better. Mama to two dogs, a rabbit, and a kitty (soon to be more!). Cleans dog poo for a living. Glad and willing to answer any questions, at all times. I love conversation
I love these guys! Contact me! Commonly asked questions /archive
Ask me anything
Send me stuff?
*NOTE: None of these photos are mine (unless otherwise stated), obviously, because most of these horses died way before I was born. I did, however, pay for the rare and vintage magazines and books that a lot of these photos come from
rapturesrevenge said: MEGAN I FINALLY SAW THOR. IF WE COULD CAST THE CHARACTERS AS RACEHORSES WHO WOULD BE WHO?!
OKAY I’M SO GLAD I FINALLY GET TO TALK ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I’VE HAD A HEAD CANNON FOR LIKE EVER THAT LOKI = WAR ADMIRAL
HEAR ME OUT MAN
- Both were the odd one out in their family. War Admiral was a small dark colt that looked nothing like his father and older brother(s). Loki was considered small and “puny” and had dark hair (as opposed to the extreme blondness of the rest of the family)
- War Admiral was almost given away by Sam Riddle when he was a baby, specifically because he was so small and unlike his father. Same story on Loki (abandoned because he was too small)
- Neither one was expected to really succeed (War Admiral was “too small” to be a proper racehorse, and Loki wasn’t “strong enough” to be a proper warrior)
- Both proceeded to kick all the ass despite being “too small” or otherwise impaired
- Both momentarily eclipsed their legendary fathers (Loki when he became king, and War Admiral when he beat Man o’ War’s Belmont record)
- Both were later defeated by a family member, despite seemingly having the upper hand (Loki beaten by Thor, despite being king and all that jazz, and War Admiral being beaten by Seabiscuit, despite generally being the better racer)
- Both are more or less overshadowed by various family members (Loki by Thor, and War Admiral by Man o’ War and Seabiscuit)
LIKE, IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE IN MY MIND
BUT THEN THERE’S A GOOD POSSIBILITY THAT I’M CRAZY
I have to immediately scour the online checklist for an racehorse cards (which are always included)
My dad got an empty PGA box today at his card store. Every box has a box topper card and box bottom cards, and there are a few different ones. The one he rescued from being thrown out had one baseball player, one football player, and…one Gallant Fox!
But then he told me he’s keeping it for the collection
So anyways, I will be slowly collecting the other cards in the set over the coming weeks. Trying to get the Gallant Fox topper, as well as the Whirlaway/Citation/Eddie Arcaro topper, and the Man o’ War, Alydar, Assault, Spectacular Bid, and Northern Dancer cards.
WISH ME LUCK MY MINIONS
I am laughing so hard. My professor asked if there was something I’d like to share with the rest of the class and oh the look of horror that must have come over my face.
"Why, yes, professor, I would like to share. Everyone take a look at this magnificent example of 1930’s photobombing and appreciate it. Also it sorta looks like a pony-boney."