Anonymous said: How about you stop being this damn rude? Ride On Curlin "your pick for the win" also didn't win, he was TIRED. Just like California Chrome. It is HIGHLY unfair for fresh/rested horses to barge in this big of a race. Why? Because it's the biggest race of them all, especially if a horse has won the 2 previous ones and is heading towards the Triple Crown, which haven't been won in 38 years. People want to see another winner, that's why they get excited. Got it?
I was going to delete this, but then I thought…how about I point out everything wrong with it instead!
1. Ride on Curlin wasn’t my “pick for the win”, that was Wicked Strong (who finished in a dead tie with California Chrome for fourth)
2. Ride on Curlin wasn’t tired, he was injured. He was eased up because he had a dorsal displacement
3. California Chrome wasn’t tired, he was also injured. The latest being that he kicked himself coming out of the gate
4. It’s not fair? You really think none of the past Triple Crown winners had to deal with horses that had skipped one or both of the other races? Because yes they did. And yes they still beat them. That’s why being a Triple Crown winner is a big fucking deal - because it’s hard. Not allowing new shooters in the Belmont is changing the Triple, just like altering the time between the races. If the past winners had to deal with it, so do any others wanting to win it. The Belmont is called “The Test of Champion” for a damn reason, it’s supposed to be the hardest of the three.
5. The Triple Crown hasn’t been won in 36 (now 37) years, not 38. That’s pretty damn easy research right there.
6. I never said people weren’t allowed to get excited. Please, show me exactly where I said that. It’s okay, I’ll wait.
7. If you think I’m rude, you are free to leave. I find it hilarious that I posted my opinions (none of which were remotely rude compared to the shit being flung on here) in public, but you hide behind anon and try to tell me off.
So how about you stop being so damn ignorant, got it?